Thursday, June 23, 2011

Tidewater Council Scout Night




This year I decided to become active in the Boy Scouts to give back. As many of you know I am an Eagle Scout, and Scouting is very near and dear to me. Getting back into scouting is something I have wanted to do for some time, but just not sure how to have the most impact. I am on the Marketing committe for the Council as well as getting involved in other ways.

Every year the Tides (local AAA Baseball team) do a Scout Night for Tidewater Council. This year I came out with my Camera to start on a Stock Photo Library for the council.

Any scout that came in uniform was allowed to stand on the field for the National Anthem, sung by a Boy Scout.

Click on the images for larger

Park_Opening_2.1_w

Park_Opening_2_w

Park_Opening_3.1_w

After the game the scouts setup camp, some brought tents, others only brought a pad and sleeping bag to sleep under the stars. The staff at Harbor Park had The Sandlot playing on the large video board for the kids before lights out. The wake-up call was 6:00am, way to early for me. Once the kids were setup and the movie starting I packed up and headed home to sleep in.

Park_Camping_w

Park_Camping_1_w

Park_Camping_2_w

For more information on joining Scouting visit the national website. For more information on Tidewater Council click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment