Friday, December 3, 2010

Violinist



A few weeks ago I did a shoot that was a year and a half in the making. Sarah and I had discussed taking some photos of her playing her violin in the fall. This conversation happened during the summer of 2009. As fall approached this year we started talking about it again. I did some research on when the leaves normally change and fall in Southeast VA. I also scouted the property we used for the shoot at various times of day to determine when the light would be best. It was decided that it would be best to get together in the morning.

I arrived an hour before Sarah was scheduled to be there to get setup for the shoot. I had the sun behind her to her right, and cross-lit her with a Speedlight attached to a beauty dish. The fill light was from another Speedlight attached to my camera. Here are some shots that have minimal processing to show the lighting.

SWinn_init08

SWinn_init10

I narrowed my selection down to 4 shots and picked one for the final shot. Here are the four shots that I chose from.

SWinn_init_g02

SWinn_init_g06

SWinn_init_g11

SWinn_init_g13

Here is the final image.

Sarah Violin Final_w

I am looking forward to more of these highly planned photo shoots. This was a while in the making and I am very happy with the results. Do you have an idea for a fun and different photo shoot? I would love to hear your ideas and help you pull off your shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment