Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Spring in West Ghent 2011



Last year I walked around Ghent with my camera one spring afternoon (post here). Those shots came out great!

As spring has approached this year I wanted to do it again, but didn't want to do the exact same thing. I have been playing with lighting more and grabbed my flash and wireless setup to go experiment. Off I went walking around with my camera in one hand and my flash in the other, stopping to take pictures whenever something caught my eye.

I really played with how I was lighting various leaves and flowers to see the effect it would give. There were a couple instances where I wished my arm was longer, but I made it work. Although the images make it seem like it was the middle of the night I was out taking them a 6pm with plenty of day light.

Here are my favorite from my walk:



I love the spring, it reawakens my soul.

Thanks for reading. –Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment