Thursday, April 1, 2010

Signs of Spring


Spring has always been a great time of year to me. Growing up it was time to get back outside, sports started, the woods were ripe for adventure and the mosquitoes were no where to be found, yet. This year has been special, I find myself truly enjoying THIS spring. I have found it hard to stay inside, especially on the weekends.

This past Sunday was no exception. It was a great day, a little cool but the sun was shining and my wife and I wanted to get out. Earlier in the week while walking to my car I noticed how interesting the trees were just beginning to grow leaves, the flowers were just starting to bloom and I became inspired. I wanted to document this great time of year with some up close and personal images.



The above images are of a couple of the trees that caught my attention and gave me inspiration for this project. That evening and grabbed my camera and took these images. It was raining and so I had to be quick, hiding my camera in my rain jacket when not in use.


Sunday rolled around I had not had the chance to get out and explore more of what this spring had to offer. My wife wanted to get out of the apartment so we took a nice long walk around Ghent stopping two or three times per block to take pictures. We had a great time just wandering around Colley Ave, strolling down Stockley Gardens eventually making our way to the Hague. Here are some more images from our walk.







As we were walking we came across a very interesting tree (image below). The man that owned the house it is in front of came walking around as we were looking at it, seemingly to make sure we weren't destroying his plants. He informed us it was a wisteria tree. Truly it started off as a vine that he has pruned over many years until it looked like a small weeping willow of some kind. I have never noticed a wisteria bloom this early on and will be back by periodically to watch it bloom.


This is truly a magical time if the year. Get out and let THIS spring make its mark on you.

There are more images on my flickr account, here is the link to the set: http://www.flickr.com/photos/matt_hartman/sets/72157623737991720/

Enjoy and let me know what you think.

Thanks for looking.
Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment