Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Favorite Locations of 2013 | Tidewater Location Phototgrapher

Wow, 2013 was such a great year! I was lucky to shoot some great people at some amazing locations. I wanted to take some time and summarize some of my favorite locations from last year. As I have been looking back I was very thankful to shoot in these locations even with taking time off with the birth of our twins.

Last year I started working with the CHKD NICU Family Advisory Council on a photography project that has allowed me access to some incredible locations. Here are some of my absolute favorites!

Harbor Park
They were very welcoming and accommodating. When we arrived they had a hat and shirt for Charlie. What a great place! This would make a great spot for Engagement photos!




Children's Museum of Virginia
What a great place for Milan's picture, we were in the small child play area and their "Birds Nest" worked out perfectly. I hadn't been there in a long time so Al walked me around when I went to scout it in advance to find the best spot.


JT's Grommet Island Beach Park and Playground 
This is a great park at the Virginia Beach Oceanfront. We met early in the morning to get good light and sky, and Zachary was ready to run! I had a blast chasing him around this playground. This would be a great spot for Family pictures on the beach and then some fun portraits of the kids on the playground.




Long Bay Pointe Marina
This is a nice marina in Virginia Beach, where Sawyer hammed it up for me. I would love to shoot here again, it's very well maintained and there are a variety of spots to get great pictures.




Hampton Historic Carousel
I was really excited to shoot at this beautifully restored carousel. My plan really came together to get some amazing images of Ava. She was a great model. This would be another great place for engagement, family or child pictures. It's right in the heart of Downtown Hampton.



Kingsmill Golf Course
This was my first time to Kingsmill, it was amazing! We had permission to shoot in the morning but had to be off of the course by 10:30. We met at the 18th Hole and had a good time chasing Matthew around. What a beautiful place!




I also shot family and senior pictures at some beautiful locations that I can't wait to go back to.

Windsor Castle Park




First Landing





Fort Monroe



I am looking forward to the places that photography will take me this year. I already have a couple weddings booked that are in Beautiful locations! I also keep a running list of locations in Hampton Roads that I want to shoot at and hope to continue to find gems in our area.

No comments:

Post a Comment