Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Photo Board | How To

I participated in a show with another photographer a while ago and made this display board that I could easily swap out photos during the show. I was inspired by Chase Jarvis and his Invitation to Hang in NYC but on a smaller scale.

I made my board four feet square with clips every eight inches to hold images. This gave me room for 4x6 prints in either orientation.

Supplies:
4'x4' board (I picked up a 4x8 sheet of White/Gloss Hardboard Wall Panel)
Gorilla Glue
Small Binder Clips
Ruler/Measuring tape
Pencil

I cleared off our dining room table and used it to set everything on. You could easily use saw horses in your back yard.

First you need to measure and mark where each clip will go.


Next lay out clips at each mark and put a drop of Gorilla Glue on the clip handle to secure it to the board. Gorilla Glue expands so a small drop is all you need. I started the top row an inch down from the top.


Continue working your way down the board.



Once you have all of them attached give them the allotted time to dry.


Finished product, I used screws in each corner to hold it up. This will hold 36 4x6 prints.


Any recommendations to make it better? I would love to hear in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment